Prada's 'Color Blocking' Inspired S/S 11 Collection

Wednesday, March 30


Color blocking is something I learned about while taking a color theory class.  It is basically an adjacent arrangement of primary colors to give a sense of depth.  You typically want to use two complementary colors on the traditional color wheel and you can block using black or white.  I will admit when I first saw the ad campaigns and a few of the designs from the collection I immediately thought tacky!!  The more I see Prada's designs the more I am loving it.  It has a very vibrant and fun feel to it.  Color blocking best works with bright loud colors so I would never suggest this with a muted palette.  Here are a few designs from the collection.  Miuccia really did a great job with this design concept it is very different and impressive.