'Mad' About Styling: Layered Maxi

Saturday, July 2

 I was inspired by Vogue's June editorial 'America the Beautiful' where the model wore a beautiful Mulberry floral wrap dress layered over a Riccardo Tisci lilac skirt worn as a slip.  I decided to try my hand at stylizing this layered look with a white maxi dress over a green pleated sheer maxi skirt with a high slit.  The look is ultra feminine so I chose tough accessories like the Jefferey Campbell lace up platform ankle boot. 

Layered Maxi

I love this idea, it allows you to play around with the silhouette.  What do you think of the layered maxi look? 

To create a similar look:
Try these maxi dresses 


All Saints Goldie Maxi Dress
Asos Midi Dress in Colour Block
Rust Cowl Belted Midi Dress
Asos Sheer Maxi Beach Skirt


Style Tip: Try asymmetrical maxi/midi dresses with sheer for layering