Industry: CFDA + eBay 'You Can't Fake Fashion' Campaign

Wednesday, July 13

I am absolutely not a fan of knock off anything.  No we all can't afford high priced couture but that doesn't mean you can't be stylish at the lower end pricing points.  I love that designers are speaking up and fighting back against people who knockoff their designs and sell them at cheaper prices.  I don't think it does anyone any favors to sell knockoff designs.  It not only devalues the higher end label but it says something about what fashion is.  Fashion doesn't always have to be a $2,000 bag or dress.  Individuals should learn how to mix high end and low end and work vintage and thrifted pieces into their wardrobe instead of obsessing over a design they can't afford.  I appreciate fashion as an art form and while I would love to own almost everything I come across I would never go out and buy the fake version of it out of sheer respect for the designer. Designers work way too hard on their collections to have their work devalued for the purposes of making a profit. 

Sofia Sanchez, Jason Wu & Sophie Theallet
Rachel Roy & Steven Kolb
Rebecca Minkoff
Elie Tahari & Nanette Lepore
photo credit: Style.com