What's The Trend: Denim

Saturday, May 14

I have been noticing this trend for awhile now but wasn't quite sure how I felt about it.  I am going to step outside of my comfort zone with this one and actually try it out.  I have three particular ways in which I think I want to incorporate denim into my wardrobe.  Hopefully I can maintain my own personal style aesthetic and create some classic pieces that I can have in my wardrobe for years to come.

Denim Jacket- I am not the biggest fan of denim jackets and I don't have any in my wardrobe to speak of.  My reasoning behind this is denim tends to be a very gaudy material and fits boxy on me. 

How to wear it: This can be worn a number of ways but I plan to wear it much like I do my blazer's as outwear with just about any and everything.  I have a few floral dresses that I want to incorporate this look with.






Denim Shirt: This is another item that I do not possess in my wardrobe for the same reasons I don't own a jean jacket.  To wear a denim shirt for me goes against my style mantra of wearing comfortable clothing.  I couldn't imagine wearing this for an entire day against my skin.


How to wear it:  Depending on the feel of the fabric I plan on trying to incorporate this look the same way one would the classic men's white button up shirt.  Also oversized versions can be worn as outerwear much like a cardigan.






Denim Skirt/Dress: This look has always been one of those fleeting trendy styles that I try my best to stay away from which is why I never incorporated it into my wardrobe.

How to wear it:  For most of my dresses and skirts I try to stick to a slimming silhouette or an A-line style.  I like the idea of mixing prints and textures and trying out different accessories with this look.



What do you guys think, will you be trying this new trend out and how do you plan on wearing it?