Style Tip: Dressing for your Body Type

Thursday, May 5

I am extremely petite 00 to a 0 and it is hard for me to shop for my body size at times. Just wanted to share a few styling tips that I always live by.



Short skirts and flesh toned shoes always helps to lengthen my legs (I am 4'11)


I hate belts that are built into shirts.  I always remove them or pull them to the back (depending on the type of belt) to give a sinched look at the waist.  I am really skinny so waist belts tend to look gaudy on me.

I do not wear bright colored shoes and most of the time try not to match them to my outfit.  Muted tones, flesh tones, tans and browns I find can be versatile and won't clash with your ensemble. They also detract from how skinny my legs are creating a continuous silhoutte from thigh to foot.


These are my own personal style rules.  I recommend that everyone dress for their particular body type and create their personal rules that make them feel comfortable in their clothing. 

Skirt- Nordstrom
Top- Ann Taylor
Shoes- Bakers