Fashion Fail: Beyonce Knowles in Emilio Pucci

Thursday, May 5


I am probably going to get crucified for this post but I would like to discuss why I believe this was a Fashion Fail on the part of the Queen Bey.

One of the most basic rules of dress and personal style is never wear anything that you are not comfortable in.  Beyonce obviously had this dress altered and tailored for the body skimming fit the only problem is she couldn't walk in it and looked extremely uncomfortable.  The dress itself is a design masterpiece with all of its intricacies and expert needlework so my criticisms are exclusive of the designer.  As a matter of fact I was excited when I heard she was wearing a Pucci dress.

Style Tip: If you don't feel comfortable in anything you wear it will show and subsequently detract from the overall look.  This gown is too constricting and it is painful watching her in it.  I am not a big fan of Beyonce's personal style but I do admire her red carpet looks.  This time she missed big.  It is not always about the garment but how you don said garment and she really didn't do this dress justice.  I honestly think she should have not gone so form fitting with it and it would have still had the same effect without looking like a straight jacket. 


What do you guys think of the look?
Would you consider it a fashion fail and why?