Nina Garcia's "The Little Black Book of Style": Investing in the Bones

Thursday, April 14


"Investing in the Bones"

According to Nina Garcia the "bones" of your wardrobe are those essential items that go with almost anything, never go out of style and are meant to be a blank canvas for you to layer on to.

These are the things that I consider whenever I go shopping.  I try to never shop too trendy and stick to a minimalist style aesthetic.  Personal style is about what makes you comfortable.  I prefer to buy things that will last and over the years I found that I tend to throw out my "trendy pieces" more than I do the classic essentials. 

The "bones" of your wardrobe according to Nina Garcia should be"

1.)  The Little Black Dress
2.)  A Classic Men's White Shirt
3.)  Cashmere Cardigan or Turtleneck
4.)  A Trench Coat
5.)  Denim
6.)  A Man's Classic Watch
7.)  Diamonds
8.)  A Classic Black Pump
9.)  Ballet Flats
10.)  A Great Bag