My Closet: Let's Get Formal

Monday, April 18

This is a follow up post to the Beauty and Cosmetics: Achieving a Look For a Formal Event.  The dress I wore to the event was a BCBGMAXAZRIA RUNWAY SIDE-DRAPED BUSTIER DRESS from the Pre-Spring 2011 collection. 



I really liked the way this dress fit on me, it wasn't too confining and it was the perfect length.  I didn't want anything too long because I am short (4'11") and I didn't want to look like I was swimming in a gown but I also didn't want anything to short.  The dress had a lot of layering and draping with an asymmetrical fit so it fit just above my knee on one side and fell down to my calf on the other.




For my accessories I wore a pair of Enzo Angiolini Nude Pumps with a bow detail on the back and a clutch with jewel embellishments. 





I really enjoyed getting dressed up and going out.  We attend this event every five years so I can't wait until next time I am thinking about wearing something incorporating pants what do you guys think?