Beauty & Cosmetics: Achieving a Look for a Formal Event

Sunday, April 17

left: me; right: my sister



For my look I made sure I washed my face first to give a nice clean canvas.  I used Clinique's 3 Step Cleaner system.  Next I applied Clinique's Undereye Cream all over my eye lid and underneath.  Apply Bobbi Brown's undereye Creamy Concealer Kit  underneath the eye covering dark circles.  Then I applied Sephora's dual compact eye shadow in Golden Kaki No 06.  Not pictured I applied Bobbi Brown's Sheer Liquid Foundation.  MAC bronzer on my cheek bones as blush.  Also used Nars Multiple Use stick in Orgasm on the bridge of my nose, hairline and chin.  I decided to go with a nude lip in the

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Tashkent.


 For my sister I used less product because she doesn't wear much make up.  She also cleaned her face before application using Carol's Daughter Bring in the Moisture Skin Care Set.  Her face was plenty moisturized so I applied MAC pressing powder in Select Sheer all over her face to give it a more matte finish.  On her lids I applied Sephora's Dual Compact Eye Shadow in Hot Brown No 03.  I also applied a little bit of Sheer Cover under eye concealer.  On her cheeks I added a little bit of MAC mineralizing blush in Love Thing.  For the lip I added NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga with a little bit of moisturizer. 



For all of the makeup product suggestions, application instructions and tips I visit C-Thru My Eyes makeup blog by Anna Miya.  Make sure you check out her blog as well as twitter @cthrumakeup.  Her advice and product recommendations gave me the confidence to get into doing my own make up.