NARS Product Review Follow-Up

Friday, March 25

So I wanted to update you guys following my post on C-Thru My Eyes product review for NARS.  I have plenty of blushes so I decided to go outside of my comfort zone and try something different.  I decided to get some bold colors for my lip.  When I got to Sephora I didn't know what to expect so I looked around to gather my thoughts and then proceeded to bombard the sales associate with plenty of questions.  This is very important for novice makeup artists or do it yourself makeup artists.  I always want to make sure I am buying the best products for my skin tone.  Lip color is one of those things that if you don't adhere to what is right for your skin tone it has the potential to be a disaster.  I decided to try the matte lip colors.  I was so surprised by how much I loved color on my lips.  I am a pink and nudes type of chick so this really is a big deal for me.  A few things about matte lipsticks:

  • The are very rich colors 
  • The texture of the coverage is dependent on if you apply a gloss or moisturizer.
  • They operate like a lip stain so colors stay on longer
So there you have it folks I am no expert but this is a just a bit of information I gleamed from reading and talking to different artists.  I decided to go with the Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga.  It is a bit of a wine color and absolutely gorgeous.