'Mad' about Mixed Chicks & Miss Jessie's

Thursday, May 27



So summertime is fast approaching which means heat, humidity and FRIZZ!!  I have always had natural hair, no chemicals or relaxers, just a blow dryer and flat iron.  The older I get the thinner my hair becomes when I straighten it so I have started to embrace my natural thick curly hair.  I have been getting a lot of compliments on my hair of late and wanted to share my hair care regiment with you guys. 

I wash and condition my hair with Mixed Chicks Shampoo, Deep Conditioner and Leave in Conditioner.  I braid my hair with the leave in condition for greater than 24 hours, some folks may require less.  My hair is extremely thick and soft so it takes longer to air dry.  If I don't leave it braided up for at least two days it becomes a big curly fro.  After a couple of days I remove the braids and I have my luxurious natural curls.

I also use Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue and Curly Buttercreme products to touch up my curls.  My hair stays this way for at least two weeks when I use these combination of products. 




Remember results will vary and I recommend the Mixed Chicks products for those with naturally curly hair and Miss Jessie's products for those whose hair isn't naturally curly.  They both work well and give you the desired result.

Check the websites for products:
http://www.mixedchicks.net/
http://www.missjessies.com/index.htm