10 Reasons Why You Should See Takers

Saturday, August 28

There are so many reasons why you should hit your local theater and support the film Takers.  I will try to stick to bullet format as I give my first film review (not a critic so don't be too hard on me folks)

1.  There is just way too much eye candy in this movie.  Michael Ealy, Chris Brown, T.I., and Idris Elba are some of the finest black men in the industry right now.  It doesn't hurt that they went out and found two of my all time favorite (cutest) white boys in Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen.

2.  The movie adheres to the genre and doesn't try too hard to be different from any other bank heist film.  This is what I love about it, the writers/directors kept it simple.

3.  The storyline is surprisingly good.  I thought it would be more visually entertaining than interesting but there are so many subplots to this movie. 

4.  T.I. is hilarious

5.  Chris Brown is very impressive in his chase scene.  I can't even describe some of the stunts he pulled off in this film.  I even heard he did majority of them without a stunt double.

6.  Hayden Christensen is straight up bad ass, which is weird seeing as tho he is the most unsuspecting goon in the film.  Don't sleep on his character dude gets it in.

7.  Paul Walker is his usual self.  I just love watching him, he has always had this charm about him.

8.  Idris Elba and Michael Ealy brings the serious acting chops this film needed to take it to the next level.  I can't describe how well these two men are able to evoke emotion.  Idris was amazing with that British accent and I love to watch him work.  Michael Ealy brings this human quality to the film.  You get a sense that out of all of the "Takers" he is the most emotionally driven. 

9.  The action in this film will have you on the edge of your seat literally.  I found myself hugging my knees with my feet up in the chair by the time the movie was over.

10.  We must support black film projects.  I don't know if most folks realized but this film was executive produced by Morris Chestnut and Chris Brown and produced by T.I.  We are always complaining about black representation in big budget Hollywood films well here is one folks and it is not a Tyler Perry Project.  So get out there and SUPPORT THIS FILM!!